3D Devices Collection for Element 3D requires an Element 3D v2 plugin from Video Copilot. This article covers a few specific features of this packages.
- How to fix missing textures
- How to replace a phone’s image
- How to replace a logo on the back
1. How to install?
After installing the Element 3D plugin, unpack the models and textures using the following ways:
- Unzip AEJuice 3D Devices Collection in:Windows: n C:UsersDocumentsVideoCopilotModelsMy_ModelsAEJuice Device CollectionmacOS:
UsersDocumentsVideoCopilotModelsMy_ModelsAEJuice Device Collection
2. Unzip AEJuiceHDRIMap
Then you will see all the models already in Element 3D.
3. How to fix missing models, textures in Element 3D v2?
- Go to File – Relink Scene Files
- Make sure the checkboxes are checked:
- Relink Models
- Relink Materials
- Relink Missing Only
- Lookup Depth:5
- Click on “Add Path” button
- Specify the path to the “3D Device Collection for Element 3D” folder, once selected it will appear in the “Path”
- Click on “OK” button
- In the future you will only need to repeat step 1 and 5, as the other steps should be saved.
4. How to replace a phone’s image?
After you have imported a 3D model from the 3D Device Collection for Element 3D on your device screen, you will see the resolution and aspect ratio.
- In After Effects, create a new composition, which will be our placeholder.
- In “Composition Name” write the name of the composition, for example: “Phone Placeholder“.
Specify the resolution of the song from the screenshot of the device you imported, in our case it is:
Also do not forget to specify the frame rate and duration of the composition. n
- Drag and drop the composition you just created to the composition where you have the Element 3D.
- Turn to “off” the visibility of the layer
- Select the layer with the Element 3D, then in Custom Layers – Custom Texture Maps, select the layer with the placeholder.
- Go into Element 3D by clicking on “Scene Setup“, then click on the triangle next to the 3D device to display a list of materials and look for the material named Placeholder. Also, to quickly find the material, you can simply left-click with Cntrl (Cmd on Mac) on the screen of the device.
- Click on “Illumination” and select “Custom Layer 1“. n
- Now, you can use the composition “Placeholder” which will be displayed on the screen of your 3D device.