How to save an After Effects project as an MP4 file using Adobe Media Encoder:
- First, open the After Effects project that you want to export. This can be done by going to File > Open Project…, or by double-clicking the project file on your computer.
- Next, go to File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue… This will start Media Encoder where you can specify the details for exporting your project.
- In Media Encoder, go to the Queue panel and select the H.264 option from the dropdown menu. This is a widely-used video codec that is known for its high quality and compatibility with a variety of devices and platforms.
- Choose the Output Path and a name for your video.
- Or you can specify your setup in the Export Settings window by clicking on the Preset link.
- Here you can choose the quality and resolution of the final video.
- You can also specify the range of frames you want to render, which can be helpful if you only need to export a specific section of your project.
- Once you have all the settings configured to your liking, click on the Start Queue button to start the rendering process. This process can take a while, depending on the length and complexity of your project.
- After the rendering is complete, your MP4 file will be saved to the location you specified in the Output File.
Adobe Media Encoder is very useful when it comes to productivity since you can render the file and continue using After Effects.
Another cool feature is the ability of the Media Encoder to queue and renders multiple exports at once. This can be helpful if you need to save different versions of your project with different settings, or if you want to export multiple projects at the same time.
Overall, saving an After Effects project as an MP4 file is a straightforward process that allows you to share your work with a wider audience. With a little bit of knowledge and practice, you’ll be able to master this important skill and create high-quality videos that showcase your creativity and skills.