Fix Legacy Expressions script for After Effects. The script automatically updates expressions in the project to work with After Effects v16 and higher.
Learn more about it at https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/legacy-and-extend-script-engine.html
The script automatically fixes most incompatible legacy syntax so old expressions will work on both old and new After Effects. Here is the list of all differences that the script fixes:
- if and else cannot be on the same line without brackets
- Expressions cannot end in a function declaration
- this() shorthand syntax is not allowed; use thisLayer() instead
- Snake case properties and methods are not allowed
- Source Text property array-index access to characters requires .value
- ending an expression in an if statement without an else is not allowed – the script does not fix this difference because it works fine in newer After Effects
Please note that it’s not possible to fix all differences and the script only fixes what’s listed above.